Cheverus School, Malden, Massachusetts
For more information, contact Mr. Jeff Lane at 781-324-6584 or email email@example.com.
History of Cheverus School
In 1908 the pastor of Sacred Hearts parish in Malden, Massachusetts, asked for Sisters of Providence to staff his new school. Consisting of both grade and high schools, it was named Cheverus, after the first bishop of Boston. The high school closed in 1971, as not enough sisters were available and the pastor could not afford more lay teachers. The grade school continues, but with all lay teachers. Learn more at www.cheverusschool.com.