Apply to be an intern
If you’re looking for a hands-on experience on a sustainable farm then consider an internship at White Violet Center for Eco-Justice. Applying is easy. Just pick either an individualized internship or one of our seasonal internships.
Individualized internship – Pick your start date and the length of your internship. To be considered you will need to commit to at least three months.
Seasonal internship – Join an intern cohort. Start your internship experience alongside others when you choose one of our seasonal internships.
Winter is a special time on the farm!
If you’re interested in learning about fiber arts then winter is the best time to intern on the farm. There is still plenty of garden work that needs to be done, but the colder weather gives us more time to focus on fiber art.
Our winter/spring internship is an immersive, practical experience where you’ll learn firsthand about local agriculture, animal husbandry and fiber arts.
- Must be at least 18 years old at start of internship
- Possess a strong desire to learn and the ability to self-direct
- Capable of lifting and carrying at least 50 lbs.
- Able to use basic tools such as a shovel and wheelbarrow
- Prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Willingness to work with animals. Previous experience is helpful but not necessary to apply