Home » About us » History » Archives Department & research requests

Archives Department & research requests

Do you need information and materials regarding our Congregation, its origin, history, spirit and growth? You’ll likely find what you need from our Archives Department. Over the years, the staff has preserved an impressive collection of records and materials, made available to the public as well as the Congregation.

Contact us for more information at 812-535-2880 or 812-535-2882 or by using the forms below.

Research request form

If you are conducting research and need assistance from the Sisters of Providence Archives, please complete the following form. Please be very specific with your request and provide as much information as possible about your research. Research will be provided according to available records and in as timely a manner as possible.

There is no charge for this service. However, your donation allows us to continue our work of preserving history and making it available to others. Once you submit your request, the DONATE button at the top of this page will allow you to donate online, if you wish. Please mention Archival Research in the “Comments section” or mail your donation to Archives, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN, 47876, again indicating Archival Research on the check memo. Thank you.

If you would like to contact a Sister of Providence who is a former teacher or friend, please complete our Contact a Sister Form below, instead.

Fill out my online form.

Contact a Sister

Sisters of Providence enjoy hearing from former students and people with whom they have ministered in the past. We will gladly assist you in locating a sister you wish to contact.

If you are conducting genealogical or historical research, please complete our Research Request Form above, instead.

Please submit your name, address and e-mail address. Additional information about this sister, such as her last name, whether she was a former teacher and where she taught, would be helpful to us.

Fill out my online form.

Share this: