Central Catholic High School, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Central Catholic High School was a merger of the existing Catholic high schools in Fort Wayne into one co-educational high school. The school opened in 1938, and Bishop Noll dedicated it on Jan. 8, 1939.
In the first year, the staff consisted of three priests who were Brothers of the Holy Cross, and the Sisters of Providence.
But by 1970, there was a definite decline in enrollment. Also, the parishes that were supporting the school financially were having difficulty doing so.
The school closed in 1972. Students who wished transferred to Bishop Dwenger or Bishop Luers High Schools.