Explore life as a Catholic Sister
Are you called to serve? Come and see how the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, are living out their lives centered on God and serving others.
Single Catholic women ages 18-42 are invited to join us for the upcoming Come and See retreat, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., on Friday, March 22, and concluding at 2 p.m., on Sunday, March 24.
During the retreat, you will experience the mission of Providence first-hand in the lives of the Sisters of Providence while also having the opportunity to hear several sisters’ stories about their call and their lives today.
You will experience how the Sisters of Providence live the call through prayer, vows, ministries and community life and will come away from the retreat with a feel for what life as a Sister of Providence is like today.
Sisters of Providence Vocations Director Sister Joni Luna, SP, said she hopes those who attend the retreat find the Congregation inviting.
“I want women to know that religious life with the Sisters of Providence is a spiritual pathway to living, serving and walking with those in need,” Sister Joni said. “We use our God-given gifts and talents in service to others.”
The retreat will offer you time for prayer and listening to what God might be asking of you while spending three days on the beautiful campus of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. You will also have the chance to immerse yourself in the spirit-filled grounds as you focus on prayer and your own discernment.
Learn more about what the Sisters of Providence have to offer, including:
- Faithfulness to prayer and total trust in Providence,
- A lived legacy of love, mercy and justice from foundress Saint Mother Theodore Guerin,
- A close-knit community that has called Saint Mary-of-the-Woods home since 1840,
- A long history of standing up for justice, and
- Ministries that respond to current needs, including serving at the U.S./Mexico border, teaching, serving in the medical field, in social justice arenas and more.