Sister Joni Luna
Sister Joni was born in San Antonio, Texas. Currently, she ministers as the Congregation’s Director of Vocations.
Sister Joni entered the Congregation in 2012. She professed first vows in 2016.
She graduated from the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio with a bachelor’s degree in physical education. She also has a master’s degree in education administration from Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Of her ministries, from 2015 to 2019, Sister Joni served as the vice principal, teacher, volleyball coach and athletic director at St. Patrick School in Terre Haute, Ind. Her ministry with teens at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods began in 2018.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- What does it mean to love my neighbor as myself? A visit to the border
- Why I say “Yes” to life as a Sister of Providence
- Blessed Covid-19 and a VIRTUAL Come and See weekend
- Visiting Los Angeles Religious Education Congress
- Sister Joni Luna: What does it mean to you to be a Catholic Sister today?
Sister Joni is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Teen volunteer excited to share experience with others
- Teen Volunteer Ministry
- Tapping into fresh energies: Sister Joni’s vocation and teen ministries
- Providence teen volunteer grows closer to God by serving others
- Called to transformation, called to transform
- Pray the Rosary with the Sisters of Providence
- Virtual opportunities a silver lining to a pandemic
- When God plants a seed
- Embracing technology to further the Sisters of Providence mission
- The many gifts of volunteering
- Finding the God moments amidst Covid-19
- Exploring religious life today: one discerner’s story
- Imogen Anderson: The exceptional exception to the rule
- Sisters of Providence announce new Vocations Director
- Faces of our future: a new generation of Sisters of Providence
- Get to know Sister Joni Luna, SP
- Making someone’s day just by showing up: Teen shares her experience as a Providence Teen Volunteer
- Newsnotes: winter 2019 updates from the Sisters of Providence
- Youth, elders learn from each other
- Sister of Providence receives scholarship
- Volunteering can be addictive – cleaning statues in Providence Park
- Led by Providence to educate and serve: Diana Garza, PA
- Sister Joni Luna professes first vows
- Celebrating Sister Joni as she professes first vows on June 26
- Meet some newer members
- Love of sports fuels Sister Joni Luna
- Sister Joni becomes who God created her to be as a Sister of Providence
- Music lessons with Sister Regina Marie
- Joni Luna enters novitiate
- Joni has an “overwhelming feeling to serve”
- Joni Luna: ‘keeping it real’
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.