Spring 2023 Come and See Retreat
April 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm - April 16, 2023 at 2:00 pm EDT
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
April 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm – April 16, 2023 at 2:00 pm EDT
Explore if you might be called to life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Single, Catholic women ages 18-42 are invited to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods for a weekend retreat Friday, April 14 starting at 4 p.m. Eastern time and concluding at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 16. During this free retreat you will experience the mission of Providence first hand in the lives of our sisters. You will have opportunity to hear several sisters stories of how they are living out the mission today. You will experience how the Sisters of Providence live that mission out in our prayer lives, our vows, our ministries and our community life. You will come away from this weekend retreat with a feel for what life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is like today.
Experience life as a Sister of Providence
Learn more about what the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods have to offer:
- faithfulness to prayer and total trust in Providence
- a lived legacy of love, mercy and justice from our foundress Saint Mother Theodore Guerin
- a close-knit community that has called Saint Mary-of-the-Woods with its classified forests and organic farmland home since 1840
- a long history of standing up for justice
- ministries that respond to current needs: today we serve at the US/Mexico border, teach, serve in the medical field, in churches, in social justice arenas and much more.
Explore how you can live the legacy and mission of a saint as a Sister of Providence.
Sign up today using the form below. Or call or text Sister Joni Luna at 361-500-9505 to learn more.
The Sisters of Providence are a community of Catholic women religious who collaborate with others to create a more just and hope-filled world through prayer, education, service and advocacy. Come make a difference in our world with us!
Planning and logistics
Check-in will be Friday, April 14 inside the East doors of Providence Hall.
Dress for the weekend is casual. If you choose the cosmic walk option for Saturday please bring shoes/clothes suitable for hiking. You may want to bring one nicer outfit for Mass on Sunday.
What else to bring? Please bring a journal/notepad and a reusable water bottle.