Fall 2022 Come and See Retreat
October 14 at 7:00 pm - October 16 at 2:00 pm EDT
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
October 14 at 7:00 pm – October 16 at 2:00 pm EDT
What is religious life like today? Come and See! And explore if you might be called to life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Single, Catholic women ages 18-42 are invited to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods for a weekend retreat Friday, Oct. 14 starting at 7 p.m. Eastern time and concluding at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16. During this free retreat you will experience the mission of Providence first hand in the lives of our sisters. You will have opportunity and by hear several sisters stories of how they are living out the mission today. You will experience how the Sisters of Providence live that out our prayer lives, our vows, our ministries and our community life. You will come away from this weekend retreat with a feel for what life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is like today.
Experience life as a Sister of Providence
Learn more about what the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods have to offer:
- faithfulness to prayer and total trust in Providence
- a lived legacy of love, mercy and justice from our foundress Saint Mother Theodore Guerin
- a close-knit community that has called Saint Mary-of-the-Woods with its classified forests and organic farmland home since 1840
- a long history of standing up for justice
- ministries that respond to current needs: today we serve at the US/Mexico border, teach, serve in the medical field, in social justice arenas and much more.
Explore how you can live the legacy and mission of a saint as a Sister of Providence.
Sign up today using the form below. Or call or text Sister Joni Luna at 361-500-9505 to learn more.
The Sisters of Providence are a community of Catholic women religious who collaborate with others to create a more just and hope-filled world through prayer, education, service and advocacy. Come make a difference in our world with us!
Planning and logistics
Dress for the weekend is casual. If you choose the cosmic walk option for Saturday please bring shoes/clothes suitable for hiking. You may want to bring one nicer outfit for Mass on Sunday.
What else to bring? Please bring a journal/notepad and a reusable water bottle.