Monthly prayer with the Sisters of Providence on Dec. 7
All single women ages 18-42 are invited to pray with the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, via Zoom.
Join the Sisters of Providence from wherever you are on the seventh day of each month at 7 p.m., EDT. The prayer sessions last approximately 45 minutes.
Sisters of Providence Vocation Director Sister Joni Luna, SP, said she hopes the monthly prayer sessions will engage those who participate.
“These prayer groups will offer women in the same peer group a space to pray and share while getting to know the Sister of Providence and some of our Sisters,” Sister Joni said.
Each month’s service will be led by a different Sister of Providence and be focused on a different topic.
For the month of December, join Sister Donna Butler, SP, who will lead a prayer on the topic of Christmas.
Other topics and Sisters of Providence leading the monthly prayer services include:
- Sunday, Jan. 7 – Sister Barbara Bluntzer, SP, leading prayer on Martin Luther King Jr.,
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 – Sister Evelyn Ovalles, SP, leading prayer on St. Valentine’s Day,
- Thursday, March 7 – Sister Barbara Sheehan, SP, leading prayer on Women’s History Month,
- Sunday, April 7 – Sister Patty Wallace, SP, leading prayer on spring,
- Thursday, May 7 – Sister Mary Montgomery, SP, leading prayer on Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and
- Friday, June 7 – Sister Betty Hopf, SP, leading prayer on gun violence awareness.