Sister Donna Butler
Formerly Sister Donna Rose
Sister Donna, formerly Sister Donna Rose, was born on May 15, 1940, in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
She entered the Congregation on January 6, 1958, professing first and final vows on August 15, 1960 and 1965, respectively.
Of her ministries, Sister Donna has served in elementary education, parish ministry, diocesan social justice, as well as the Congregation’s liturgy office and archives department. She also ministered as the director of the Providence Volunteer Ministry for the Congregation. Currently, she ministers as a volunteer in the relationship between Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and the Sisters of Providence.
Sister Donna said she grew up in a “cemetery.”
Her favorite sports team is the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Pomeroy basketball squad and her favorite movie is “The Horse Whisperer.”
She enjoys playing cards, reading, playing the piano and walking outdoors.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Celebrating Puzzles!
- Woods Core Class brings students, sisters together
- The loving care of a Sister of Providence lay sister
- An unexpected blessing
- Permissive attitude toward racism inspires book club
Sister Donna is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Journals and Letters week 50: Mother Theodore and Summit City
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Senior Jubilees
- A reflection for the 2018 Senior Jubilee Celebration
- A front porch reflection
- The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy: A Call to Action
- Sisters of Providence honor elder sisters
- Sisters enjoy the intensity and challenge in a good game of Scrabble
- Election and inauguration reflections
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.