Sister Barbara Sheehan
Formerly Sister Marie Barbara
Sister Barbara, formerly Sister Marie Barbara, was born in Indianapolis. Currently, she ministers as the executive director and CPE supervisor in Urban CPE Consortium, Inc., in Chicago.
Sister Barbara entered the Congregation on September 12, 1960. She professed first and final vows on August 15, 1963 and 1968, respectively.
Of her ministries, Sister Barbara has also served as a teacher of chemistry and math at the secondary level, a medical technologist in a clinic at a Jewish Hospital in Louisville, and a Hospital Chaplain. She also ministered as dean of a school.
Sister Barbara enjoys sports, including basketball and football, but has a tremendous love for the Indianapolis 500. She also enjoys watching Columbo and reading murder mysteries.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Have you noticed?
- Weekly Reflection: Fair Trade – A Response to Human Trafficking
- Weekly Reflection: Labor Trafficking Here and Now
- Weekly Intentions for Persons who are trafficked
- ‘Green’ Investments
Sister Barbara is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Video: Sisters of Providence share values of religious life
- Noticing human trafficking
- Get to know Providence Associate Gerri Baum
- Sisters share memories of the ‘Greatest Spectacle in Racing’
- Sisters of Providence Newsnotes
- Sister Barbara Sheehan
- Election and inauguration reflections
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.