Explore religious life with the Sisters of Providence
Explore if you might be called to religious life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana. Attend their upcoming Come and See spring weekend retreat.
The Sisters of Providence invite all single, Catholic women ages 18-42 to this free opportunity, which begins at 4 p.m., Friday, April 14, and concludes at 2 p.m., Sunday, April 16. Food and housing will be provided.
Sisters of Providence Vocations Director Sister Joni Luna, SP, said she hopes those who attend the retreat find the Congregation inviting.
“I want women to know that religious life with the Sisters of Providence is a spiritual pathway to living, serving and walking with those in need,” Sister Joni said. “We use our God-given gifts and talents in service to others.”
During the retreat, participants will experience the mission of love, mercy and justice first-hand in the lives of the Sisters of Providence. They will see how the sisters live the mission in their prayer lives, vows, ministries and community life. Retreatants will also learn more about the Congregation’s foundress, Saint Mother Theodore Guerin.
They will also learn more about what the Sisters of Providence have to offer, including:
- Faithfulness to prayer and total trust in Providence,
- A lived legacy of love, mercy and justice from foundress Saint Mother Theodore Guerin,
- A close-knit community that has called Saint Mary-of-the-Woods home since 1840,
- A long history of standing up for justice, and
- Ministries that respond to current needs, including serving at the U.S./Mexico border, teaching, serving in the medical field, in social justice arenas and more.
Learn more or sign up here or contact Sister Joni at 361-500-9505 or email@example.com.
Leave a Comment