Sister Ann Sullivan celebrates golden jubilee
Sister Ann Sullivan, founding director of White Violet Center for Eco-Justice, was one of 10 Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods who recently celebrated their 50th anniversary as members of the Congregation.
We join in the celebration by congratulating Sister Ann on this special anniversary!
You see, in 1991 there was no White Violet Center, but the seed of that possibility was alive and growing is Sister Ann. It was Sister Ann who provided the soil in which this ministry could grow. It was Sister Ann who tilled the ground for this dream, fertilized it, watered it and saw it to fruition. Because of Sister Ann we have White Violet Center. And it is not just a physical place. It is a way of being in the world.
Sister Ann is a native of Galesburg, Ill. and currently ministers as an assistant professor in psychology/theology at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
Sister Ann, the former Sister John Margaret, entered the Congregation on Sept. 12, 1964. She professed perpetual vows on Oct. 13, 1973.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods with a bachelor’s degree in education. She received her master of arts in counseling and psychology from Illinois State University, and her doctorate in pastoral counseling from the Graduate Theological Foundation.
Sister Ann has ministered in Indiana, Illinois and Oklahoma.
The Sisters of Providence, a Congregation of nearly 350 women religious, exist to further God’s loving plans by devoting themselves to serving others through works of love, mercy and justice. The Sisters of Providence have their motherhouse at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, located just northwest of downtown Terre Haute, Ind. Saint Mother Theodore Guerin founded the Sisters of Providence at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods in 1840. Today, Sisters of Providence minister in 17 states, the District of Columbia and Asia.