Sister Jeanette Hagelskamp
Sister Jeanne Hagelskamp was born on March 6, 1951, in Indianapolis.
She entered the Congregation on August 23, 1975, and has been a Sister of Providence for 42 years.
Sister Jeanne graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics. She earned a master’s degree in mathematics with a concentration in physics from Purdue University, and a Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Leadership Administration Supervision from the National College of Education, now known as National Louis University in Chicago. She also has a doctorate of education degree in Private School Administration from the University of San Francisco.
Sister Jeanne ministered as a teacher at Providence High School in New Lenox, Illinois, as well as an instructor in physics and math at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. She also taught at Providence-St. Mel in Chicago and was principal at Mother Theodore Guerin High School in Chicago.
Sister Jeanne was also president of Providence Cristo Rey High School.
Currently, she is a member of the Congregation’s Leadership Team, ministering as Vicar.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Sister Kathleen Bernadette Smith: love of God strengthens love of others
- Love, mercy, justice: working together to welcome the stranger
- Sisters of Providence struggles and wisdom amidst pandemic
- Sending out a ‘Thank You’ in anticipation of School Principals’ Day!
- Healing for suicide loss survivors
Sister Jeanette is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- A new leadership team for the Sisters of Providence
- Providence Community commits to develop Laudato Si’ Action Platform
- Sisters of Providence ministry founders
- Leaning and leading like Saint Mother Theodore
- Schoolmates, sisters and part of a leadership team
- Sister Dawn Tomaszewski installed as general superior of the Sisters of Providence
- Sister Jeanne Hagelskamp: on choosing life as a sister, urban education and SP mission
- Leadership & vision
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.