‘Walking Toward Hope’
The Leadership Team and Congregation wanted to share this information from School Sisters of Notre Dame Sister Ann Scholz, Ph.D, and the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR):
The Interfaith Immigration Coalition’s Holy Days and Holidays committee has developed a series of eight prayers, Walking Toward Hope, which can be used throughout the Advent and Christmas seasons. Each two-page reflection guide includes a brief reflection on the scripture of the day, the story of an immigration or refugee, suggested actions, and a list of additional resources.
This year, you are invited to join the spiritual journey of “Walking Toward Hope,” by participating in the eight-part series focusing on the following themes:
- Week One, December 2 – Walking Away From Family Detention,
- Week Two, December 9 – Resisting Negative Rules & Exclusions,
- Week Three, December 16 – Welcoming Asylum Seekers,
- Week Four, December 23 – Defending Families Facing Deportation,
- Christmas Eve, December 24 – Celebrating Reunions & Protections,
- Holy Innocents, December 28 – Alternatives to Detention,
- Feast of the Holy Family, December 30 – Root Causes of Refugees, and
- Epiphany/Dia de Reyes, January 6 – Walking Together at the Border.
LCWR hopes you find these reflections helpful as we prepare to celebrate the feast of God’s love incarnate and strive to make room in our hearts and communities for all those who are “walking toward hope.”
You can download the prayer-series from the Interfaith Immigration Coalition’s Holidays and Holy Days website here.