9 things you may not know about Saint Mother Theodore
- She owned a pocket knife.
- She loved all creatures except snakes and mosquitoes.
- She had a special fondness for birds.
- On her voyage to America, via the ship, the Cincinnati, she counted the teeth of a porpoise caught with a harpoon.
- She was locked in a closet by a bishop.
- Because of sickness, after becoming a sister, she was never able to eat solid foods again. She survived on only soft foods and liquids the rest of her life.
- Nobody would have guessed that she was a little villain — not bad, but mischievous and leading all the pranks of the children in the neighborhood.
- Her father died when she was just 15 years old. Afterwards she assumed responsibility of taking care of her mother and younger sister for many years.
- During her life, several different sisters had seen a heavenly light in her room and in her office on the first floor of Providence Convent.