Sister Nancy Nolan
Formerly Sister Jean Paula
Sister Nancy is a native of Galesburg, Illinois. Currently, she ministers in prayer at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Nancy, formerly Sister Jean Paula, entered the Congregation on February 2, 1955. She professed final vows on August 15, 1962.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in education. She also has a master’s degree in education from the University of Illinois and her MPS in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University.
Sister Nancy taught at St. Philip Neri and directed in Religious Studies at Saint Ann Parish. She was also the Congregation’s General Superior from 1986 to 1996.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
Sister Nancy is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sisters of Providence who have ministered in Taiwan share their stories
- Cubs win! Sisters react to Chicago Cubs’ World Series victory
- Twenty-one Sisters of Providence celebrate Senior Jubilees
- Retired sisters share Saint Mother Theodore and her home
- Sister Nancy Nolan named ‘Volunteer of the Year’
- Sister Nancy Nolan
- Sisters of Providence new-look vocation team in place
- General Superiors
- A remarkable woman
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.