Sister Editha Ben
Sister Editha was born on April 19, 1947, and is a native of Vigan, ILocos Sur, Philippines. Currently, she is in between ministries.
Sister Editha, formerly Sister Editha Expedita S.P.C., entered the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres on May 10, 1967. She professed final vows on February 1, 1975, but transferred her vows to the Congregation of the Sisters of Providence in June 2002.
She graduated from Rosary College, Vigan, ILocos Sur, Philippines, with a bachelor’s degree in education, English and mathematics. She earned a master’s degree in theological studies at Ateneo De Manila University.
Of her ministries, Sister Editha has served as the Director of Religious Education at St. Charles Borromeo Parish, Bensenville, Illinois, and as an instructor and staffer in the Office of International Affairs at Providence University in Taiwan.
Sister Editha said she enjoys classical music to “relax” and Filipino Folk music to “be energized.” She added her favorite food is Filipino Pinakbet.
Sister Editha celebrated her 50 year jubilee in 2017. Read more story Sister Editha shared about her life.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Sister Editha Ben: the blessings of sheltering in place in the Philippines
- Women share why they are exploring life as a Sister of Providence
- Meet a sister. Be inspired. National Catholic Sisters Week invite
- Co-creating the future with God
- A wonderful time to get to know the sisters of these Woods
Sister Editha is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sisters of Providence who have ministered in Taiwan share their stories
- Wisdom and the future of religious life
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Reflections on 50 years
- Sister Editha Ben
- Sisters of Providence new-look vocation team in place
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.