Sisters of Providence core values
Trust in God (Providence)
• Having confidence in God as the source and sustainer of all.
• Relying on God’s loving care in all circumstances of life.
• Believing that God provides for our good.
• Striving to live in the presence of God and to allow Providence to be present through us.
• Acting selflessly.
• Focusing on the common good.
• Reverencing each person’s dignity as Jesus did.
• Responding generously with compassion and healing.
• Working to alleviate the suffering of others in some direct way.
• Forgiving ourselves and others.
• Endeavoring to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all.
• Listening to and responding to the needs of the most vulnerable.
• Working to change oppressive systems.
Care for Creation
• Being aware of the interconnectedness of all life.
• Respecting all creation as part of the web of life.
• Living simply.
• Using Earth’s resources in a sustainable manner.
• Listening to, respecting and caring for others.
• Honoring diversity.
• Working together for the good of the whole.
• Extending welcome and acceptance.