Sister Barbara Battista
Sister Barbara was born in 1957 in Indianapolis.
She entered the Congregation in 1985, taking first vows in 1988 and final vows in 1993.
Of her ministries, she has served as a Clinical Oncology Pharmacist and Family Medicine and Prenatal Care Physician Assistant, as well as ministering in occupational medicine. She also served as adjunct faculty at the graduate and undergraduate level and currently ministers as the Community Organizer/Justice Promoter for the Congregation.
Sister Barbara said she enjoys camping.
“I make most of my retreats tent camping,” she said. “I also enjoy kayaking and relaxing around the campfire.”
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Sister Barbara Battista: What does it mean to you to be a Catholic Sister today?
- Light among darkness: A reflection for the second Sunday of Advent
- Taking a stand: ‘Hashtag’ NoFedExecution
- Grassroots, indivisible
Sister Barbara is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Our commitment to Laudato Si’ Action Platform
- Bearing witness to an execution
- Ending the death penalty: what can we do?
- Stepping into justice: Sister Barbara Battista
- World AIDS Day: Sisters respond to AIDS epidemic, part 2
- Newsnotes HOPE summer 2017
- A Father’s Day Tribute!
- The Sisters of Providence go to St. Patrick School
- From troubled teen to sister in medicine: Sister Barbara Battista
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.