Saint Mother Theodore’s Legacy Lives: Giving Day 2022
To celebrate Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and the Sisters of Providence, we will be hosting Saint Mother Theodore’s Legacy Lives: Giving Day 2022 on Oct. 18. The giving day is a special opportunity for friends and supporters of the Congregation, and Mother Theodore, to give a gift honoring the strong foundation that she built.
October is a celebratory month for the Sisters of Providence and Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and many already mark its milestones. October 2 is Mother Theodore’s birthday (she’d be a whopping 224 years old this year). October 3 is her official Feast Day (she was declared a saint Oct. 15, 2006). Lastly, the day that the Sisters of Providence Congregation was founded at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, is Oct. 22, 1840 (182 years ago).
Here is a 16-second promotional video for Giving Day created by WTWO.
Donate HERE and your donation between Oct. 2 and Oct. 31 will count toward this special Legacy Giving Day, uniting you with many other compassionate people who support Mother Theodore, the Sisters of Providence, Providence Associates and our Gospel-inspired ministries.
Special Giving Day token! When you give a gift in honor of this special Legacy Giving Day, you will receive a tabletop Saint Mother Theodore Guerin. Measuring 7 1/8” high, your personal Saint Mother Theodore Guerin will be an ongoing reminder of your special relationship with her, and the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Remember, your financial gifts help us to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world through:
- Care for our elderly sisters – Provide safe, healthy, accessible housing for our sisters now in prayer ministry at the motherhouse.
- Education – We sponsor Providence Cristo Rey High School, Indianapolis, which brings hope to young women and men, all of whom demonstrate economic need, and Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. Sisters are also teachers at schools and universities across the U.S.
- Outreach to the poor – Providence Food Pantry and The Connecting Link in West Terre Haute provide food and access to services for our closest neighbors in need.
- Physical, emotional and spiritual healing – We sponsor Providence Health Care, Inc. at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. In Taiwan, Miracle Home provides eldercare, meals on wheels and respite care for caregivers. We provide spiritual programming through Providence Spirituality & Conference Center. A Sister of Providence doctor as well as nurses and health care ministers provide hope and healing. Spiritual directors and hospital chaplains attend to those who need spiritual guidance and comfort.
- Other urgent needs – Sisters work with refugees who have fled the violence in their countries and advocate for justice for the oppressed. White Violet Center for Eco-Justice provides organic food and works toward healing of Earth. Our parish life coordinators, pastoral associates and campus ministers tend to the soul, and other needs, of their congregations.