Sister Tracey Horan
Sister Tracey is a native of Indianapolis. Currently, she ministers as the Associate Director of Education and Advocacy for the Kino Border Initiative in Nogales, Ariz. Prior to that, she ministered as a community organizer with Faith in Indiana, formerly IndyCAN, and the Archdiocese of Indianapolis Justice for Immigrants Campaign.
Sister Tracey entered the Congregation on September 8, 2014. She professed first vows on June 25, 2017.
She graduated from Roncalli High School in Indianapolis and earned a degree from the University of Dayton in Ohio.
Sister Tracey’s hidden secret is that she has a musical background.
“Some people may now know that I played trombone in jazz band for six years and still pick my horn up now and then,” she said.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Border Stories: Opening the Door to the Kingdom God Wants
- Can I Stay Here Forever? The Answer is YES.
- What is asylum?
- A journey to wider acceptance and love: Sister Tracey Horan and immigration
- Ministry at the border: belleza (beauty) of binationality
Sister Tracey is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sisters of Providence presence expanding at the border
- On healing touch and the wall at the border
- Education, advocacy and service with immigrants part of sister’s border experience
- Forever yes! Final vows ceremony for Sisters Arrianne Whittaker and Tracey Horan
- What does it mean to love my neighbor as myself? A visit to the border
- One millennial’s journey to life as a Sister of Providence
- You are invited to celebrate vows, share in a sister’s story
- Faces of our future: a new generation of Sisters of Providence
- Newsnotes: winter 2019 updates from the Sisters of Providence
- Get to know Sister Tracey Horan, SP
- Sister Tracey Horan and Faith in Indiana: working for justice
- Faith leaders hold vigil at Clay County Justice Center
- Firing up hope: SP prayer ministries
- The bond of friendship leads to lives as sisters
- Bring hope in our world by supporting the next generation of Sisters of Providence
- Sisters profess first, perpetual vows
- Vows ceremony for Sisters Dina Bato, Anna Fan and Tracey Horan
- Sister Tracey Horan recognized by USCCB
- Disrupting apathy and injustice: Sister Tracey Horan and World Meeting of Popular Movements
- Mission novice blessing 2016
- Meet some newer members
- Baking with Sister Ann Kevin O’Connor
- Sharing their voice by ‘Giving Voice’
- Tracey and Anna enter novitiate
- Care of Earth attracts new members
- A call to discernment
- Anna Fan entrance
- Tracey Horan begins an exciting new journey with the SPs
- New postulant enters Sisters of Providence
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.