Sister Paula Modaff
Formerly Sister Marie Pauline
Sister Paula was born on March 4, 1941, in Oak Park, Illinois. Her family eventually moved to Aurora, Illinois, where she spent her childhood.
She entered the Congregation on July 22, 1959, professing first vows on January 23, 1952, and final vows on August 15, 1967.
Of her ministries, she has served as a teacher at the high school level, as well as a Sister Visitor, and ministering in marriage nullity cases in tribunals in five different dioceses.
Currently, Sister Paula ministers as a spiritual companion at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Paula recently said, “People may not know that I have played more than 12,000 games of free cell on the computer since the year 2003.”
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- May 29, 2022: The Ascension of the Lord
- May 22, 2022: Sixth Sunday of Easter
- May 15, 2022: Fifth Sunday of Easter
- May 8, 2022: Fourth Sunday of Easter
- May 1, 2022: Third Sunday of Easter
Sister Paula is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sister Paula Modaff: moving closer and closer to God
- Take a deep breath: spiritual direction during pandemic
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Senior Jubilees
- Ministry in the marriage tribunal
- Sister Paula Modaff
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.