Sister Paula Modaff
Formerly Sister Marie Pauline
Sister Paula was born on March 4, 1941, in Oak Park, Illinois. Her family eventually moved to Aurora, Illinois, where she spent her childhood.
She entered the Congregation on July 22, 1959, professing first vows on January 23, 1952, and final vows on August 15, 1967.
Of her ministries, she has served as a teacher at the high school level, as well as a Sister Visitor, and ministering in marriage nullity cases in tribunals in five different dioceses.
Currently, Sister Paula ministers as a spiritual companion at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Paula recently said, “People may not know that I have played more than 12,000 games of free cell on the computer since the year 2003.”
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- June 30, 2013: 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- June 23, 2013: 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- June 16, 2013: 11th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- June 9, 2013: 10th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- June 2, 2013: The Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
Sister Paula is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Take a deep breath: spiritual direction during pandemic
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Senior Jubilees
- Ministry in the marriage tribunal
- Sister Paula Modaff
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.