Sister Paula Damiano
Sister Paula was born on August 26, 1949, and is a native of New Castle, Pennsylvania. Currently, she ministers as the director of retreats and programs and as Co-Director at Providence Spirituality & Conference Center at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Paula entered the Congregation on August 30, 1967. She professed final vows on December 8, 1974.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in art. She also has a master’s degree in theological spirituality from Fordham University.
Of her ministries, Sister Paula has served as a teacher, director of vocations, pastoral associate and was also a General Councilor for the Sisters of Providence. She celebrated her 50 year jubilee in 2017.
Sister Paula said that for many years, she enjoyed camping and visited many state and national parks. She also likes many types of music, but prefers classical, folk and religious, and likes crafting greeting cards and jewelry.
Sister Paula has a special interest in combining art and music in retreat work and has been working for those who seek Spiritual Direction.
Using her creative and artistic side, with Sister Jan Craven, Sister Paula is also busy making jewelries, cards, etc. Visit Linden Leaf Gifts to find what PJ’s for the Soul (Sister Paula and Sister Jan) created.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Musings on International Day of Friendship
- Reflecting on a Palm Sunday tradition
- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ??????
- A Prayer for Teachers during this pandemic
- A Prayer for Students during a pandemic
Sister Paula is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Take a deep breath: spiritual direction during pandemic
- Virtual opportunities a silver lining to a pandemic
- Labyrinth Walking: An Ancient Tool for a New Time
- Sisters of Providence who have ministered in Taiwan share their stories
- Providence Climate Agreement confessionals (and an announcement)
- Sheehy receives ’40 Under 40’ recognition
- Spend Sundays at the Woods!
- Spiritual direction with the Sisters of Providence
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Reflections on 50 years
- The Sisters of Providence go to St. Patrick School
- What’s all this talk about Taize?
- Sister Paula Damiano
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.