Sister Emily TeKolste
Sister Emily is a native of Indianapolis and was raised in the metro area. She moved from Indianapolis after entering the Community on September 7, 2016.
Sister Emily has a bachelor’s degree in sociology from Xavier University in Cincinnati.
She is in her apostolic novitiate and ministered as a high school teacher of theology and sociology at Bishop McNamara Catholic School in Kankakee, Illinois. Currently, Sister Emily ministers as a Grassroots Mobilization Specialist for NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice.
During her postulancy, Sister Emily ministered in the Congregation’s Mission Advancement Department and at Providence Health Care. In addition, as a canonical novice, she ministered at White Violet Center for Eco-Justice.
Sister Emily said she played and has refereed soccer.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Join the conversation: systemic racism and wealth, discussing across divides
- Let us be the people Jesus describes, as he sends his disciples out on Mission
- Sister Emily TeKolste: What does it mean to you to be a Catholic Sister today?
- Saying yes to the vows
- A sister remembers working to racially integrate schools
Sister Emily is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Love, mercy, justice: working together to welcome the stranger
- Faces of our future: a new generation of Sisters of Providence
- Sister Emily TeKolste professes first vows with Sisters of Providence
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week 2019!
- The bond of friendship leads to lives as sisters
- Bring hope in our world by supporting the next generation of Sisters of Providence
- Thank you for making amazing experiences possible
- New Postulant enters Sisters of Providence
- Meet some newer members
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.