Sister Diane Mason
Formerly Sister Ann Vianney
Sister Diane currently ministers as a parish visitor in the Orland Park, Illinois, area. Previously, she was the Director of Providence Associates.
From elementary school to high school, Sister Diane was taught by the Sisters of Providence, saying she had concluded that “they lived lives filled with happiness.”
Sister Diane, formerly Sister Ann Vianney, entered the Congregation on September 18, 1961. She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree and two master’s degrees in administration and education.
For 37 years, Sister Diane either taught or was principal at elementary schools.
She then received a certificate from the Institute for Spiritual Leadership, a Chicago-based educational center and also studied clinical pastoral education at two hospitals.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Past the “need-to’s” to the stable, to the crib, to our hearts
- Strength from being ordinary this Foundation Day
- Holy Spirit in the wind and in the quiet
- Video blog: What is a Providence Associate?
- From darkness to the promise of new life in Easter
Sister Diane is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sister educators reminisce about Sisters of Providence Schools
- Wisdom from recently retired Director of Providence Associates Sister Diane Mason
- Providence Associate Co-Director Debbie Dillow
- Providence Associates celebrate 10 years
- Twenty-two make commitment as Providence Associates
- Sister Diane Mason
- 13 Sisters of Providence celebrate 50th anniversary
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.