Sister Constance Kramer
Formerly Sister Marita
Sister Constance “Connie” Kramer, formerly Sister Marita, was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio. She entered the Congregation on September 12, 1964, after graduating from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in June of 1964.
She professed first vows on August 15, 1967, and final vows on October 4, 1970.
Sister Connie has ministered within the Archdiocese of Indianapolis for most of her religious life as a high school teacher, business and development officer, a parish religious education director, pastoral associate, parish life coordinator, pastoral counselor, group facilitator, group consultant, retreat/spiritual director and grief specialist. She also was co-founder of a free medical clinic, founder and director of a free dental clinic and outreach service in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Sister Connie said she feels “privileged” to share her love for 12-Step Spirituality in her role as Volunteer Coordinator of the STEP-UP Ignation – 12-Step Spirituality Program, which provides six retreats a year for homeless women and men at Fatima Retreat House in Indianapolis.
Sister Connie added she enjoys visiting her extended family members and making wedding candles for their weddings.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- A Reflection for National Day of Mourning
- Christmas Mourning during COVID-19 …
- Feasting on thankfulness …
- Christmas Mourning
- Grieving gracefully into a future full of hope
Sister Constance is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sisters of Providence ministry founders
- Sister Connie Kramer receives Frances Murphy Rumely Award
- Parish and senior ministry during a pandemic
- Labyrinth Walking: An Ancient Tool for a New Time
- Healing for suicide loss survivors
- Inspiring support for the mission of Providence
- Reflections from our Golden Jubilees
- Eleven Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Sister Connie Kramer named Woman of Influence in Terre Haute
- Several Sisters of Providence share their Christmas wishes
- Providence Associates Advisory Board
- Sister Connie Kramer
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.