Sister Evelyn Ovalles celebrating 25th Jubilee
One Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, is celebrating her 25th Jubilee this year. The Congregation will honor Sister Evelyn with a celebration on Sunday, August 21.
Sister Evelyn Ovalles is a native of Polillo, Quezon, Philippines. Her most recent ministry was as a volunteer at Top Box Food in Chicago. However, she will soon begin a ministry as a pastoral associate at St. Katharine Drexel Parish in Chicago.
Sister Evelyn entered the Congregation on Sept. 15, 1997, from St. Columban Parish, Los Angeles. She professed perpetual vows on Aug. 15, 2004.
Sister Evelyn’s ministries include:
- Paralegal/Advocate, Diocese of Gary Pastoral Center, Merrillville (1999-2000),
- Advocate/Paralegal, Diocese of Gary Pastoral Center, Merrillville (2001),
- Defender of the Bond, Diocese of Gary, Merrillville (2003-04),
- Director of Tribunal and Judge, Diocese of Gary, Merrillville (2004-17), and
- Director of Religious Education, Our Lady of Consolation Parish, Merrillville (2018-19).