Laudato Si’ Platform Commitment Statement
We, the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, and our wider Providence Community, publicly commit to join the worldwide Catholic community in responding to Pope Francis’ appeal to participate in a seven-year journey toward sustainability and integral ecology by developing a Laudato Si’ Action Platform.
This commitment marks our willingness:
- To take up the “urgent appeal” of Laudato Si’ to listen and respond to the lurings of Providence to attend to the cry of the Earth and the cry of the poor by making it a community priority,
- To further our ongoing ecological conversion by fostering greater understanding of our socio-ecological vocation within the spirit of our Providence charism,
- To integrate each of the seven Laudato Si’ goals into our lives and apostolates by developing a systematic process to transition to an integral ecology,
- To take bold concrete actions, both corporately and individually, in the spirit of Laudato Si’, to address the multiple crises afflicting our common home – the planet and its people, and
- To practice nonviolence, as we reconcile and heal the pain in creation and sow hope for peace.
This commitment is made in love, mercy and justice, knowing that we are participating in God’s Providential work of transformation, and trusting in “that Providence that so far has never failed us.”
Leave a Comment