Five reasons to become a Providence Associate
Providence Associates of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods are women and men of varying faith traditions. We share our unique gifts and talents with the world while living out our daily lives wherever we are. Here are the top five reasons why you should consider becoming a Providence Associate.
- We all need companions on our journey. You can find your community as a Providence Associate. You will share in the wisdom and support of the wonderful Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods and the equally amazing Providence Associates.
- Share in the mission. Are you a person passionate about living a life of love, mercy and justice? Do you want to set the world on fire by living out a Gospel of love? Do you care about, and seek ways of serving, those on the margins of society? Come live out our mission of prayer, education, service and advocacy with us.
- Grow deeper in your spirituality. As a member of the family of Providence, you will find strong spiritual mentors. You’ll spend your first year delving into Providence spirituality and exploring your own spirituality with the support of a Sister of Providence or Providence Associate companion. Then, you can choose to continue to join us for retreats, small sharing groups, book studies, annual meetings and more in the years to come.
Sisters of Providence
- Spend quality time with the Sisters of Providence. There is something special about Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. Grounded spirituality. Warm and welcoming presence. A passion for justice. Educators continuing to educate. As a Providence Associate you will spend special time with the sisters and share in their wisdom and love.
- Find a home at the Woods. As the motherhouse hub of the Providence Community, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is the spiritual home for Providence Associates as well as Sisters of Providence. We invite Providence Associates home to the Woods several times a year, for retreat and an annual meeting. Associates are always welcome at the Woods (barring a pandemic!). We come to the Woods when we need a chance, as our foundress Saint Mother Theodore said, “to rest in the Lord.”
These are just the top five of many reasons to consider becoming a Providence Associate.
Amy, you have presented the active blessings of being a Providence Associate beautifully.
Amy, thank you for capturing it all here. I’ve been a PA so long now that it’s second nature to me. This reflection was a good stop for me to take stock of where I am in relationship with this amazing Providence community.
Merci! Xie Xie! Danke! Gracias! Domo Arigato and Thank You! And Salamat!
Amy, you said it perfectly!
Thank you Amy. You have captured the essence of what it means to be a Providence Associate.
Great article! So concise and spot-on. Your “Five Reasons” are an excellent guide to open conversations and invitations to other women and men to become Providence Associates