White Violet Center: To market, to market jiggity jig
Just like grocery stores, farmers markets’ have been considered as providing essential services during this global pandemic. We are excited that the summer season is officially starting and that we have yet another opportunity to offer our certified organic produce and other products to our community.
The Terre Haute Summer Market begins Saturday, June 6, and will run through the second Saturday in October. The summer market is open from 8 a.m.-noon. It will look a little different this season, as a variety of safety measures are being put in place to protect vendors and customers alike.
Terre Haute Farmers Market Guidelines
- The first 1/2 hour of business (8-8:30 a.m.) is reserved for seniors and those at an increased risk.
- The Market is open to all shoppers from 8:30 a.m. – noon.
- Do not enter if you are feeling ill or if you have been in contact with someone who is sick or has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks.
- Enter and exit through marked walkways ONLY. Do not pass between tents.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet between others.
- Do not touch any product you do not intend to purchase.
- Face masks/coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Avoid eating/sampling product while at The Market.
- Frequent use of hand sanitizer is encouraged.
- Please keep non-service animals at home.
- Music, entertainment, and special events are on hold until further notice.
We, along with a number of other vendors, will continue to offer preorder curbside pickup. Make sure to place your order by noon on Friday. On Saturday you’ll pull along the backside of the vendors on the north side of the market. When you arrive, just call or text us with your name and a description of your vehicle and we will bring your order to your car.
Our market does not allow resale of any items, which means we can only sell the produce, flowers, plants, fibers, eggs, and other goodies that we’ve grown or produced ourselves. Luckily, we’ve made it easy! Everything listed under the “From Our Farm” tab is approved for Saturday market. Make sure to type “Farmers Market” in the “comments” section when you check out. Preorders can be made up to noon on the Friday before the Saturday market.
For those who will be shopping, we are bringing lettuce, arugula, green onions, kale, mixed greens, flowers, eggs, White Violet Kitchen Creations, basil plants, and more!
Look for us in our new spot!
White Violet Center has also added a second space to our booth this season and will be located on the northeast corner of the market. (For market regulars, we have swapped spots with Hallie Hound Barkery and will be on the other side of L&A Farm.)
If you live outside of our market area we encourage you to support your local farmers’ market.
Editor’s note: Farm Store at White Violet Center is currently closed for in-person shopping, however you can still order online by noon and pickup curbside weekdays from 3-5 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-3 p.m.