This group was special because …
If you didn’t know already, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods has been a “happening” place lately. Providence Spirituality & Conference Center has recently been revamped and remodeled, a new and trendy gift shop now known as “Linden Leaf Gifts” has opened, the new Shrine of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin has finally opened its doors, and group tours have been going non-stop! Recently, we had a group visit that was, like so many other groups who visit, very special to us, and that is Saints Francis & Clare School, of Greenwood, Indiana.This group was special because …
- When I held the door open to the shrine, every single student looked me in the eyes and said, “thank you.”
- They LOVED Sister Jan … many “thank you” notes that they sent mention how she pretended an umbrella was a microphone. They absolutely adored her and the feeling was mutual.
- In the sisters’ dining hall, they said a prayer as a group before starting down the meal line.
- We tell all groups that they are welcome to sit at tables with sisters, but these kids actually did it. They were so well-behaved and sweet. The sisters were very touched.
- And last but certainly not least … the thank you cards! They mean so much. (I actually placed them in a binder so that all the sisters can read them.)
Saints Francis & Clare wrapped their day up in just three and a half hours! They arrived at 10 a.m. and were able to leave by 1:30. All tours are different and can be customized, so the time spent here depends on the tour package chosen. Saints Francis & Clare watched a film on Mother Theodore, toured her shrine, attended Mass, ate lunch with the sisters, and toured the many outdoor attractions such as the Log Cabin and Shell Chapels and visited the alpacas.
Are you thinking about scheduling a group tour for your parish, school or family? Contact me at 812-535-2945 or email email@example.com and we can talk about the different options available for you.