Sister Barbara: the Eucharist through the eyes of a dietitian
Sister Barbara on prayer
Sister Barbara on deciding to become a Sister of Providence
On ministry in a Catholic Parish
Ministry as a dietitian
Sister Barbara Reder on being a companion to Providence Associates
Read more about Sister Barbara’s life and ministry here.
Connect with Sister Barbara
- Current ministry: Pastoral Associate, St. Malachy Parish in Brownsburg, Indiana
Favorite movie: The Blind Side, Les Miserable, and those that are relaxing and non-violent.
- Qualities I most admire: honesty and loyalty
- Favorite hobby: playing golf…when I have time
- Favorite book: What I am reading at the time
- Favorite sinner: Peter…always came back to Jesus…just like I can
- Favorite hero/heroine: Emergency personnel who risk their own lives for others
- Favorite childhood activity: playing whatever sport was in season
- Favorite food: Salads and all varieties of fish
- Favorite pizza topping: pepperoni
- Favorite course in school: Math and Science vie for the top
- Favorite form of prayer: Like a variety of communal and quiet, private prayer especially with music
- Favorite sport: Like them all, but Colts football and golf top the list
- Favorite quote: From the Emmaus story…”Are you so slow to believe all the prophets have announced!” I think I am slow in learning about Jesus and all he came to reveal to us and how I am to be like him.
- Favorite TV program: None at present. All the violence and sci-fi TV shows don’t hold my interest. I do like “Dancing with the Stars” for the music and dancing.
- Favorite music/song: Country Western music
- Favorite dessert: Anything chocolate
- Favorite scripture passage: Both the Emmaus story and the Woman at the Well stories
- Favorite author: Ronald Rolheiser
Find us on YouTube
Subscribe, comment, and see more videos from the Sisters of Providence