Want to make someone’s day?
We, Sisters of Providence, are always looking for an excuse to celebrate and we’ve come up with a way you can join us in something fun and meaningful!
Today is the fifth anniversary of the Sisters of Providence Facebook page! On this day in 2008 we took the plunge into this social media pool and we have loved every minute of it. Facebook allows us to connect with some pretty awesome people and we are enjoying the sharing that happens within that space.
In honor of this fifth anniversary we want you to “GIVE FIVE!” Give five dollars to someone in need or use it to do something special for someone you know who could use a little pick-me-up.
But that’s not all! We want you to share the story of how you donated that $5 in the comments below or on our Facebook page. (We’ll even welcome them by email at email@example.com if you prefer.)
So, what can you do with $5? Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- donate $5 to a food drive (Lots of them this time of year!)
- enclose $5 worth of postage stamps in a card to someone who would appreciate them
- buy a bottle of fingernail polish and spend time pampering seniors in a local nursing home
- pay for the coffee for the person behind you in the drive-through lane during your morning commute
- put it towards socks or mittens for the donation tree at school or church
It seems like a small amount, but we’re certain it’s enough to make someone’s day. And don’t forget to tell us all about it — we can’t wait to hear the stories!
We’ll wrap up this celebration on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28. That’s when we’ll share the tidbits about what everyone did with their $5; so check back here on the blog and on Facebook that week to get the details on this unique celebration.
We look forward to hearing about all the good that will come of giving five.
Great concept! Gave $5 to the Catholic Campaign for Human Development for job training, improved education, affordable housing and other poverty reduction tools in our country.