Sister Rosemary Schmalz
Formerly Sister Mary Ida
Sister Rosemary is a native of Evansville, Indiana. Currently, she ministers as the coordinator of the office of records at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Rosemary, formerly Sister Mary Ida, entered the Congregation on July 22, 1958. She professed final vows on August 15, 1966.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics. She also has a master’s degree in mathematics from the University of Illinois, and her doctorate in mathematics education from Florida State University. Sister Rosemary also has a master’s degree in culture/creation spirituality from Holy Names University in Oakland, California, and another master’s degree in pastoral theology from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
Sister Rosemary has ministered as a teacher, including time at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, the University of Scranton and Eastern Illinois University. She also ministered as a research assistant for the NCAA.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Integrating art into prayer
- Grateful for the gifts of each day
- Elections and papal visit in Sri Lanka
- Cards and Christmas carols
Sister Rosemary is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Providence Climate Agreement confessionals (and an announcement)
- Sisters create Art and Soul Creation Guild
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Senior Jubilees
- A reflection for the 2018 Senior Jubilee Celebration
- Arts & Music ministries
- Newsnotes HOPE summer 2017
- Write for Rights – YOU made a difference!
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.