Sister Mary Beth Klingel
Formerly Sister Mary Hope
Sister Mary Beth Klingel, formerly Sister Mary Hope, was born on May 29, 1946. The Jasper, Indiana, native entered the Congregation on September 12, 1964, and has been a Sister of Providence for 53 years.
Sister Mary Beth graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in education, and earned a master’s degree in liturgical studies from the University of Notre Dame.
She ministered as a teacher at Saint Margaret Mary School in Terre Haute, as well as the 10th Street School in Jasper. From 1972 to 1976, she was a member of the Congregation’s renewal team before returning to Saint Margaret Mary Parish in Terre Haute to minister as a pastoral associate and parish life coordinator. She also served as the Congregation’s director of novices.
Currently, Sister Mary Beth ministers as the Guest Services Coordinator for Woodhaven. Prior to that, she was a member of the Congregation’s Leadership Team, having been elected in 2011 and re-elected in 2016.
She is known to enjoy playing Scrabble.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Moving from darkness to light
- Reclaim the season of Advent
- Surrounded by the dead
- Quiet expectation
Sister Mary Beth is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Welcome to the ‘Evolving Woods’
- Leaning and leading like Saint Mother Theodore
- Guerin Outreach Ministries honors Sister Mary Beth Klingel
- Sister Dawn Tomaszewski installed as general superior of the Sisters of Providence
- Sisters of Providence select new officers
- A Father’s Day Tribute!
- Sisters enjoy the intensity and challenge in a good game of Scrabble
- Leadership & vision
- The future of religious life
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.