Sister Marsha Speth
Formerly Sister Marcia Ann
Sister Marsha, formerly Sister Marcia Ann, is a native of Vincennes, Indiana. Currently, she ministers as the Director of Postulants in the United States and Spiritual Director at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Marsha entered the Congregation on September 12, 1964. She professed first vows in August 1967 and final vows in November 1974.
Of her ministries, Sister Marsha served 10 years as an elementary education teacher, 15 years as a pastoral and religious education director, and 16 years as an elected leader/administrator for the Congregation.
Sister Marsha said she enjoys trying new recipes, especially one-pot meals.
“Occasionally I like to bake a treat for others and myself!” Sister Marsha said. “Pies and moist cakes are my favorites!”
Sister Marsha added she likes outdoor work, including planting and weeding flowers during the summer. And, she enjoys dance performances of all kinds.
“Over the years, I have been invited to dance a hymn-prayer at liturgical celebrations,” she said. “Prayer, for me, is richer when heart, mind, body are all involved.”
Sister Marsha is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- New postulant enters Sisters of Providence
- Bring hope in our world by supporting the next generation of Sisters of Providence
- Spiritual direction with the Sisters of Providence
- Newsnotes HOPE summer 2017
- Human Rights Day: ‘I’m grateful I had the opportunity to participate’
- Reflections from our Golden Jubilees
- Eleven Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Sisters of Providence new-look vocation team in place
- Sister Marsha Speth
- Kathy Newport: truly called
- Meet the Congregation leadership
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.