Sister Laura Parker
Sister Laura entered the Congregation on September 18, 2003. Currently, she ministers on the Congregation’s Leadership Team. Prior to that, she was the Director of Spiritual Care at Holy Cross Hospital in Chicago.
Prior to joining the Congregation, Sister Laura had a career in nursing and also ministered as a hospice chaplain in Des Plaines, Illinois, where she helped multiple people deal with end of life issues, something she described as an “extremely personal process without any strict formulaic approach.”
Sister Laura is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- A new leadership team for the Sisters of Providence
- Allowing for God’s presence: Sisters of Providence hospital chaplains
- Wisdom and the future of religious life
- Vowed for love, mercy and justice
- Sister Laura Parker: a spiritual presence in the world
- Four women profess perpetual vows as Sisters of Providence
- Sister Laura Parker to take Perpetual Vows with the SPs on Sunday
- Sister Laura Parker
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.