Sister Janet Craven
Sister Jan Craven was born on January 25, 1950, in Youngstown, Ohio. Currently, she ministers as the Co-Director of Providence Spirituality & Conference Center and as Director of Shrines at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Jan entered the Ursuline Community in Youngstown on September 15, 1968. She transferred her vows to the Sisters of Providence on July 4, 1981.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from Youngstown State University and a master’s degree in theology from Fordham University. She also has a master’s degree in religion from Claremont University.
As a Sister of Providence, Sister Jan has also ministered as the Director of Postulants from 2004 to 2010.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Pray with Our Lady of Providence, Queen of the Home
- Grandmother taught me how love always wins
- Pouring out your heart in prayer
- 10 years a saint! Now what?
- Do you ever really know?
Sister Janet is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Sisters to host Prayer for Beginners
- Volunteer opportunity spotlight: Docent this sound amazing?
- Sisters to host ‘Women and Wine at the Woods!’
- Sisters to host ‘Mindfulness and Meditation’
- Sisters to host Photography as a Form of Prayer
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.