Sister Dawn Tomaszewski
Sister Dawn Tomaszewski was born on February 9, 1953. She is a native of Chicago.
Sister Dawn entered the Congregation on August 23, 1975, and has been a Sister of Providence for 42 years.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in communications, and also earned a master’s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina. In addition, she has a master’s degree in theology from Catholic Theological Union in Chicago.
Sister Dawn ministered as a teacher at Marywood School in Orange, California, and taught at Mother Theodore Guerin High School, now known as Guerin College Preparatory High School, in Chicago.
She later ministered as director of communications and an instructor at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and as the Congregation’s director of communications and development director of the Mission Advancement office. Sister Dawn has also ministered as communications and media coordinator for the Office of Catholic Education at the Archdiocese of Chicago, and in various other communications roles.
Currently, Sister Dawn is a member of the Congregation’s Leadership Team, having been elected in 2011 and re-elected in 2016 to serve as General Superior.
She is a huge fan of the Chicago Cubs.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- A community based on mutual, abiding love
- Reflections for Foundation Day 2019
- A Reflection for the Feast of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin
- A Reflection for Reception into the Novitiate
- A Reflection for a Golden Jubilee
Sister Dawn is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- The reunion finale for Providence High School
- WVC welcomes four new arrivals!
- The hope of Easter is planted deep in our hearts
- New postulant enters Sisters of Providence
- Reflections for Reception into the Novitiate
- Sisters of Providence redesign website
- Sisters recognize benefactors at annual dinner
- Historical Recognition
- Cubs win! Sisters react to Chicago Cubs’ World Series victory
- Schoolmates, sisters and part of a leadership team
- Sister Dawn Tomaszewski installed as general superior of the Sisters of Providence
- Sisters of Providence select new officers
- Sisters share love of golf
- Leadership & vision
- The future of religious life
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.