Join the Return to Human Rights Tour March 16-29
“The Coalition of Immokalee Workers Fair Food Program is a unique partnership among farmers, farm workers and retail food companies that ensures humane wages and working conditions for the workers who pick fruits and vegetables on participating farms.”
—– From the Coalition of Immokalee Workers
For several years, The Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) has been pleading to no avail with fast food chain restaurant Wendy’s to join their fair food program. In fact, Wendy’s stopped purchasing tomatoes in the United States and is buying from a company in Mexico that has an abusive human rights record.
You are invited to join CIW in their tour, the longest protest action in the last 10 years of the Campaign for Fair Food, joining thousands of consumers in mobilizing for the national boycott.
Other actions besides joining the tour to address this issue include:
- Sign an online petition, or
- Let your local Wendy’s know you are boycotting them and why.
For more information:
- Sisters of Saint Joseph call for better farm working conditions,
- Harper’s Magazine reveals Wendy’s Tomato Supplier, and
- Fair Food Program receives highest recommendation.
Leave a Comment