Sister Rosemary Nudd
Formerly Sister Elizabeth Mary
Sister Rosemary, formerly Sister Elizabeth Mary, is a native of Downers Grove, Illinois, a village near Chicago. Currently, she ministers as a in the Archives Department at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
Sister Rosemary entered the Congregation on September 12, 1964. She professed first vows in 1967.
She completed her graduate work at George Peabody College for Teachers and Vanderbilt University – both in Nashville, Tennessee.
Of her ministries, Sister Rosemary has served as a high school English teacher at Marywood in Evanston, Illinois, Costa Catholic Academy in Galesburg, Illinois, and John F. Kennedy High School in Manchester, Missouri.
She was also an English professor at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College from 1981 to 2012.
Sister Rosemary said she loves the city of Chicago and Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
“I think Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is the most beautiful place on the planet,” she said.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- Be here now
- A reflection on the Feast of Our Lady of Providence, Queen of the Home
- The ‘month of our Mother’
- Listening with the heart: Contemplative conversation
Sister Rosemary is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- New Providence Associates share their journey – part 1
- Thanking the Sisters through social media
- A New Advent Symbol
- The First Day: Two Presenters Share
- CCTF, JCC: Addressing the issues at hand
- Providence Associate Ann Henderson: connected by Providence, justice
- Cubs win! Sisters react to Chicago Cubs’ World Series victory
- Retired sisters share Saint Mother Theodore and her home
- Eleven Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Care of Earth in everyday life: Sisters Ellen Cunningham and Rosemary Nudd
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.