Sister Mary Joanne (Jody) O'Neil
Sister Mary Joanne, better known as Sister Jody, is a Sister of Providence and is an artist-in-residence. She can be found working in the Roethele Studio/Gallery at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. Visit her online gallery and artist site.
Sister Jody is a native of Indianapolis. She entered the Congregation on January 3, 1969 and professed final vows on August 15, 1980.
She graduated from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College with a bachelor’s degree in art education. She also has a master’s degree in religious studies from Mundelein College.
She has ministered as a teacher, campus minister, associate diocesan director of campus ministry, and residence life ministry assistant director.
Sister Mary Joanne (Jody) is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- Newsnotes: Sisters of Providence news update winter 2021
- Sisters of Providence celebrate Jubilees
- Reflections from the 2018 Golden/Silver Jubilee Celebration
- Reflections for the local Golden Jubilee celebration
- Arts & Music ministries
- Sister Jody O’Neil takes part in ‘tasty’ art project
- Creation Sights introduces redesigned website
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.