Sister Alexa Suelzer
Sister Alexa was born on June 19, 1918 and died on June 26, 2015.
Sister Alexa was born on June 19, 1918. She died on June 26, 2015. She was 97 years old and had been a Sister of Providence for 77 years.
Sister Alexa entered the Congregation on Feb. 14, 1938. She professed first and final vows on Aug. 15, 1940 and 1946, respectively.
From 1940 to 1958, her ministry was teaching in high schools. She also ministered at Catholic University, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Duquesne and St. Michael’s in Vermont. In 1972, she was elected to the Congregation’s General Council, where she served as Vicar. Following this ministry, she served as Vicar for Religious/Director of Ecumenism in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Sister Alexa was known for her genuine curiosity.
Written by this sister
This sister has written content published on this website. Here is some recent content, or you can view her full author listing here.
- October 26, 2014: 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- October 19, 2014: 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- October 12, 2014: 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- October 5, 2014: 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- May 25, 2014: 6th Sunday of Easter
Sister Alexa is featured in the following content on the Sisters of Providence website:
- A scholar’s view of Vatican II
- Q and A: The new cosmology: a Providence perspective
- Personal stories from bell and chimes ringers
Click images to view larger.
Donate in her honor
Has this sister made a difference in your life? Help continue the mission.
Get in touch
Use our form to reconnect with or reach out to a current Sister of Providence.