In 1913, Rev. Joseph Klobouk of Corpus Christi began to offer Mass for the Catholics of Robstown. At first Mass was celebrated in a private home. A small church built in 1917 was then used, but was soon lost to a storm. For several years the people either had to attend Mass elsewhere or sometimes have a priest come from another parish.
In 1924 a pastor was appointed – Rev. Henry Richard. A building that had been a Methodist church was purchased. Father Richard was succeeded by Rev. Joseph Leben and then by Rev. Francis Kasper. These priests lived in Corpus Christi, and journeyed to the mission church at Robstown. Then on July 11, 1934, Rev. George Scecina, newly ordained priest from Indianapolis, was appointed the first resident pastor. By 1938, the parish had a new church and a rectory.
Property for a parochial school and convent was purchased and dedicated Dec. 16, 1945. Father Scecina had a cousin who was a Sister of Providence, so it is not surprising that he asked for Providence Sisters for his school. Four sisters arrived in Jan. 1946, and the school opened for the second semester. Growth of the school was such that additions were made to the school and the convent in 1951. Also in that year a high school was opened. In 1963, a Knights of Columbus building was donated and adapted as a new high school.
For financial reasons and lack of personnel, the high school was closed in 1970. The last Sisters of Providence left Robstown in 1985.