The marketing manager is responsible for creating and implementing marketing and communications strategies and plans for current and emerging various ministries of Sisters of Providence. Working closely with the Director of Advancement Services and the appropriate directors of the various ministries, the marketing manager creates and implements a marketing strategy to share the mission and messages of Sisters of Providence with external and internal constituents and helps meet specific business goals. The position includes the coordination of advertising for ministry-specific programming and e-newsletters. This person also supports Advancement Services as part of its communications and marketing plans, by serving on the HOPE Editorial Board and contributing articles, blog posts and photography as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Marketing Manager–Ministries
- Manages and coordinates advertising and promotions for ministry activities, including but not limited to tours, retreats and pilgrimages to the Woods; facility rentals (O’Shaughnessy Dining Hall, hermitages, Woodhaven Guest House); retail enterprises (WVC Farm Store and Farmers Market booths, Linden Leaf Gifts and Linden Leaf Laser Shop); ministry virtual and in person programming and workshops; Taizé Prayer Service; Sunday Brunch; and special events.
- Supports Volunteer Services in attracting, recruiting and stewarding sister and lay volunteers.
- Supports ministries in attracting, recruiting and stewarding interns.
- Prepares an annual marketing budget, overall strategy and plan. Includes goal setting for advertising, marketing, promotions and public relations.
- Determines key messages, the right media outlets to accomplish the task and the appropriate place to reach the target audience (television, radio, print, direct mail, website, social media, e-newsletters, local vs. regional, Catholic vs. ecumenical, etc.).
- Upholds the Sisters of Providence brand/identity, messaging and communication standards.
- Coordinates the writing, editing, design, production, photo selection, and other necessary components for television, print, radio, digital advertising and social media posting; as well as print materials such as brochures, fact sheets, banners, table toppers, etc.
- Collaborates with the internal Graphic Designer/Digital Media Manager and photography coordinator.
- Supports Advancement Services by proofing blogs, HOPE magazine and other publications.
- Works with WordPress Content Management System to maintain and update assigned pages on the website – ministry pages, sacred grounds, tours, programming, facilities, events and volunteers.
- Coordinates with Advancement Services to schedule necessary photography and videography and/or takes photos at events for use in publications and promotions.
- Collaborates for public relations and community outreach with the Media Relations Manager, including tabling at public events, attending job/intern fairs and coordinating logistics and material needs for sponsored events.
- Becomes proficient with and uses Copper Management System for project tracking, including requests for photography and providing details for obtaining quotes.
- Tracks, analyzes and reports program metrics and return on investment for media campaigns.
- Receives and reviews invoices and submits for approval and payment.
- Participates in joint marketing initiatives with other ministries as directed.
- In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities delineated above, the Marketing Manager-Ministries performs the following tasks on a regular basis:
- Provides Director of Advancement Services with weekly status reports.
- Participates bi-weekly in Advancement Services staff meetings.
- Participates in Advancement Services staff development and planning retreats.
- Assists and participates in preparations for staff celebrations.
- Meets regularly with ministry leadership and Volunteer Services for planning.
- Collaborates with other persons in the department responsible for advertising, marketing and promotion of their respective areas of responsibility and participates in monthly marketing meetings.
- Reviews and refreshes web pages and social media accounts assigned and participates in monthly website meetings.
- Participates in the annual performance review process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person in this position should demonstrate
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen knowledge of and ability to use social media sites.
- Commitment to mission and awareness of the broad range of Sisters of Providence ministries.
- High motivation to set and achieve measurable goals.
- Good computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Understanding of content management systems and design platforms.
- Ability to gather, understand and analyze metrics/data to evaluate return on media investments.
- Excellent ability to express oneself clearly and empathetically in all forms of communication, including speaking, writing, one-on-one and in group settings.
- Understanding of basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate experience
- Documented, progressively responsible experience in communications or marketing required
- Experience in content management platforms and design platforms required
- Demonstrated experience cultivating an online social media presence across multiple platforms required
- Experience in project management systems/platforms preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably and comfortably with people from all walks of life
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel for training, building relationships and tabling fairs/festivals
- Ability to concentrate in a busy workplace
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard
- Normal range of hearing and vision needed for computer work
- Prolonged sitting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Advancement Services office is typically a busy place, with many deadlines to meet, and it is possible that the office will be noisy at times. Several staff members are provided a private office because of the need to hold confidential meetings and conversations with personnel and constituents. Other staff members are provided individual work cubicles. The cubicles, however, do not allow for total privacy; therefore, consideration of co-workers is necessary and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. The atmosphere in the office is somewhat casual, but employees are expected to maintain a sense of decorum even in this casual setting.
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.