Maintenance Tech Lead
Sisters of Providence
Job Title: Maintenance Tech Lead
Reports to: Utility Manager
The Maintenance Technician Lead works under the supervision of the Utility Manager in the performance of a wide variety of jobs in repair and renovation of buildings and furnishings in the buildings on the campus of the Sisters of Providence and in other buildings owned by the Sisters of Providence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- To maintain and repair HVAC equipment such as air handlers, hydraulic heating and cooling systems, chillers, cooling towers, pneumatic and digital control systems, etc.
- To perform preventive maintenance on HVAC systems and related equipment.
- To organize and assist in the performance of work on a daily basis.
- To operate and maintain steam/hydronic boilers and associated equipment.
- To assist in water/wastewater treatment and operation as needed.
- To repair, install, replace and test electrical circuits using hand tools, powered tools and test equipment.
- To serve as troubleshooter to test electrical systems and equipment to isolate faults and make appropriate repairs.
- To repair and/or replace elements of electrical systems, such as switches, receptacles, ballasts, transformers, etc.
- To repair various equipment control circuits and controllers.
- To install various cabling for alarm systems, telecommunications systems, CCTV systems, etc.
- To make or modify sheet metal ductwork for small projects.
- To install, maintain and repair building hardware, such as doors, locks, windows, ceiling systems, etc.
- To repair furnishings, such as chairs, tables, beds, etc.
- To work on a variety of renovation projects, such as ceiling installation, construction of partition walls, repair and installation of flooring, installation of cabinetry, etc.
- To maintain shop and equipment in safe, clean and orderly manner.
- To perform general maintenance duties of plumbing repairs.
- To assist other skilled trades in various repair or renovation projects.
- To perform other related functions within the scope of responsibility of the position as determined by the maintenance Manager.
- Ability to operate a variety of powered hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to organize daily work effectively as a member of the work group.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma (or GED)
HVAC certification / license
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license is required.
The Sisters of Providence (Sisters) are committed to the fair and equal employment of individuals with disabilities. It is the Sister’s policy to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the congregation. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities when such accommodations are necessary to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs or to enjoy the equal benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all applicants for employment and all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must be able to walk, climb, stoop and bend.
- Requires full range of hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate tools, powered equipment, and machinery.
- Occasional lifting of 75 pounds or more may be required.
- Normal eyesight with correction required.
- Predominately indoors in climate-controlled buildings.
- Occasional work performed outdoors, but seldom in inclement weather conditions.
- Some exposure to chemicals such as solvents, paints, etc. may occur.
- Some exposure to dirt and dust may occur.
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle, and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.