The Manager of Grounds Service under the direction of the Facilities Director oversees the Grounds and Recycling Technicians in maintenance of the grounds and labor services for the Sisters of Providence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize, organize and arrange for all landscaping, recycling, road and walkway maintenance, snow and ice removal, trash removal, moving furniture and funeral service preparation.
- Provide ongoing training of Grounds personnel in safety methods and policies, such as suggesting changes in methods and use of equipment.
- Inspect areas where Grounds services have been performed to ensure neat and pleasant appearance of areas.
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment are kept in safe and working order.
- Maintain an operating budget and make recommendations for budget needs.
- Evaluate performance of all Grounds personnel.
- Performs grounds’ maintenance while managing personnel.
- Any other service with the scope of responsibility of the position as determined by the Director of Facilities Management.
- Grounds Technicians
- Recycling Technician
- Summer temp Grounds Technicians
- Must have good managerial and organizational skills to oversee the work of several Grounds Technicians on a large number of projects, work requests and regular maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of safety hazards and precautions in order to establish a safe environment.
- Must be able to read and understand oral and written directions, to work as a team member and to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Must have the skills necessary to communicate clearly and establish and maintain effective working relationships with Grounds Technicians and with those requesting and/or guiding services.
- Must have some working knowledge of budgeting and accounting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Five years related experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CDL license
- Valid driver’s license
The Sisters of Providence (Sisters) are committed to the fair and equal employment of individuals with disabilities. It is the Sister’s policy to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the congregation. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities when such accommodations are necessary to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs or to enjoy the equal benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all applicants for employment and all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must be able to walk, climb, stoop and bend.
- Requires full range of hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate tools, powered equipment, and machinery.
- Occasional lifting of 50 pounds or more may be required.
- Normal eyesight with correction required.
- Requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Frequent exposure to dust, dirt and water.
- Possible exposure to poison ivy and other plant irritants, stinging insects and spiders.
- During trash removal and recycling duties, exposure to hazardous waste and communicable disease is possible (training to minimize or eliminate these conditions will be provided to those involved in these duties).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Log splitters, chippers, chain saws, tractors, hoes, dump trucks, mowers, street sweepers, snow removal equipment, stump grinder
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle, and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.