Food Service Worker I – Support
Brief Description: On a daily basis, participates in the delivery and serving of foods and beverages in all food service operations of the department. Participates in sanitation and safety procedures of the facilities, equipment, dishes, and utensils designed for food service operations. (Part-Time/Full-Time) positions available
Job duties will consist of, but not be limited to the following: wash, dry, store dishes; mop and sweep floors, maintain clean, safe, and sanitary work area; assist with tray line; perform other duties as may be assigned.
You must be able to plan and organize the work to be accomplished each day; accept and follow directions from supervisor; communicate clearly with other staff members; and plan ahead for the next task in order to meet the demands of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One year of experience in high volume food service with sanitation emphasis preferred, but will train.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Individual can expect to experience work that requires standing, walking, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching, pulling and/or lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Individual could be exposed to communicable diseases.
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous situations due to use of high temperature producing equipment; caution must be employed at all times.
- Muscle fatigue and backache may result after prolonged and repetitive work.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT – A kitchen environment may include wet/slippery floors, sudden temperature changes, high humidity, frequent exposure to hot/cold (clear and soapy) water, equipment and machine noises, the possibility to incur cuts and bums, arid exposure to toxic substances (cleaning chemicals).
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.