Food Service Worker I – Support
Brief Description: On a daily basis, participates in the delivery and serving of foods and beverages in all food service operations of the department. Participates in sanitation and safety procedures of the facilities, equipment, dishes, and utensils designed for food service operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures that all areas of responsibility are met in a timely, sanitary, and safe manner. Follows daily, weekly sanitation and safety regulations and procedures of the Food Services Department. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition at all times. Stores all equipment in appropriate areas before leaving shift.
- Performs dish and pan washing services accurately and without delay to utilize time frames efficiently with correct sanitizing techniques 100% of the time. Allows equipment to dry thoroughly before storing.
- Works on tray line/serving areas for health care and assembles meal trays or properly serves residents according to diet requirements of each resident as required.
- Sweeps and mops areas of responsibly as assigned, at designated times to ensure safety of all staff members.
- Operates all equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations and keeps all equipment in safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintains records, reports, and daily cleaning and temperature logs as required and reports variances to the Production Manager on a daily basis.
- Adheres to schedule both on arrival and departure: follows appropriate policy/procedure with regards to notification of absence, request for time off, and is flexible in scheduling to meet department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must know how to plan, and organize in a timely manner.
- All job duties are expected to be completed in accordance with the mission of the Sisters of Providence.
- Must be able to read and follow directions for work assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other staff members of the food service staff and other departments.
- Must be able to anticipate daily work flow and rearrange schedule to meet the demands of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Individual must possess or (currently enrolled) a high school diploma or GED
- One year of experience in high volume food service with sanitation emphasis preferred but will train.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Individual must be able to endure at least eight hours of continuous work requiring, but not limited to standing, walking, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching, pulling and lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Individual could be exposed to communicable diseases.
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous situations due to use of high temperature producing equipment; caution must be employed at all times.
- Muscle fatigue and backache may result after prolonged and repetitive work.
A kitchen environment may include wet/slippery floors, sudden temperature changes, high humidity, frequent exposure to hot/cold (clear and soapy) water, equipment and machine noises, the possibility to incur cuts and bums, arid exposure to toxic substances (cleaning chemicals).
Must be knowledgeable and carry out the requirements for emergency Food Service and the safety of residents and staff.
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle, and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.