Director of Mission Advancement
Director of Mission Advancement
The Director of Mission Advancement will oversee marketing, communications, development and alumni efforts and personnel while managing a portfolio of upper-level donors. The Director reports to a member of the General Council, the leadership body for the Sisters of Providence. Mission Advancement encompasses annual, major and planned giving; donor, volunteer, and alumni relations; traditional and electronic communications and promotion; and special events.
The Director of Mission Advancement will establish a schedule of visits with donors and conduct personal and small group solicitations to form relationships and enlist support. Members of the General Council and other Sisters are eager to participate in some donor visits, but the Director’s scope will include independently managed prospects.
The Director will set annual and long-term goals and objectives and evaluate all initiatives in a timely fashion. He/She will assess and enhance the current programs to expand the base of support, deepen the level of connection and inspire heightened investment.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate will include…
- Experience working with religious orders; experience with/understanding of the mission and spirituality of the Sisters of Providence is a preference.
- Respect for the ministerial priorities of the Sisters of Providence.
- Collaborative leadership style.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Significant development experience including a proven track record in identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors for annual, deferred and campaign gifts.
- Marketing expertise to provide effective management and oversight of writing, design, advertising, storytelling, social media, etc. in support of promoting and positioning the Sisters of Providence and their priorities.
- Strategic thinker and team leader who can build upon the strengths of the staff, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, implement best practices, and provide effective staff support and supervision..
- Ability to build lasting relationships with constituents, staff, donors, Associates and Sisters of all ages and stages.
- Desire to work in a women-centered organization.
- Strong personal spirituality, evidence of good judgement, demonstrable personal integrity, powerful work ethic, and a results-oriented personality and disposition.
- Personable traits – approachable, warm, outgoing, welcoming, compassionate, open to suggestions and change.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent development/marketing experience, required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications for this full-time position.
The Sisters of Providence have engaged Mission Advancement, a division of Christian Brothers Services, to assist with this search. Interested and qualified candidate should submit electronically, in a consolidate format: a letter of introduction; a resume; five professional references (names, emails and telephone numbers); and a sample solicitation letter that invites financial support with a quote from Saint Mother Theodore Guerin.
Send application materials to:
Sisters of Providence Director of Mission Advancement Search. Mission Advancement/Christian Brothers Services. Att: Mary J. Foley at MissionAdvancement@cbservices.org. Review of applications begins immediately and will conclude October 9, 2020
For the full profile click here.